10 June 2023 | 10 a.m. – Noon
Athens – Clarke County Library Heritage Room Conference Room
Just Do SOMETHING! We are starting a new Shared Interest Group (SIG) in COGS to help us all spend at least a little time each month on our genealogy. The idea is that we will set aside two hours each month to work on our family history. Examples of tasks we can use the two hours for are:
- Looking for elusive records we are having trouble locating
- Organizing files in our computer
- Cleaning out and organizing our notebooks and file folders
- Filing materials we have piled on the dining room table
- Cleaning up an online tree
- Uploading the cleaned-up tree to another online site or downloading it to our personal software
- Transcribing old recipes
- Scanning photos
- Writing up a brief story about GG Grandpa Bob
- Starting a research log for an upcoming trip
- Looking for people in BillionGraves and Find-a-Grave for the upcoming trip you have planned
- Creating family history related gifts for our family
The list can go on and on. We might make some progress on all the things we put aside and do not get around to when we designate 2 hours each month for our personal genealogy.
As a trial, we want to make this our June meeting to get ideas on how to make it work best for everyone. Think about the things you can get done with just 2 hours a month set aside.
Join us June 10th in the Heritage Room conference room on the second floor of the Athens-Clarke County Library and bring what you want to work on to benefit YOUR genealogy journey.