presented by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG®, CGLSM The Legal Genealogist®
Saturday, 21 January 2023 at 2:00 pm EST via Zoom
All registrants will have access to the program recording for 30 days!
Widows and orphans have always had a special place in the law. But it’s not always the
place that 21st century researchers might expect. An orphan in the early days wasn’t a
child whose parents had died, but rather a child whose father had died. The law didn’t
care much about the mother. She was just the widow, entitled to her dower rights and
generally not much more. Learn more of the way the law treated widows and orphans,
and what the records may tell us about them.
Join the Clarke-Oconee Genealogical Society (COGS) and Judy G. Russell on Saturday, 21 January for this virtual program! Registration is required. The last day to register for Dowered or Bound Out: Records of Widows and Orphans is 20 January 2023 at 8:00 pm EST.
Choose the applicable link below to register and receive your Zoom link.
- Click the applicable blue button below to start the registration process.
- You will go to PayPal first where you can pay by PayPal account or pay with your credit card as a guest.
- After you make your payment, you will see a payment receipt on the screen of your computer or mobile device.
- On the payment receipt screen, look under “Merchant details” for a large white button with blue text that says “Return to Merchant.” You must click this button to complete your Zoom meeting registration.
- You will be taken to the Zoom meeting registration screen for our January event with Judy Russell.
- Fill in the registration form and click the blue “Register” button.
- You will see a screen titled “Meeting Registration Approved” with the link to join the meeting. You don’t have to save this.
- You should immediately receive 2 emails: a payment receipt from PayPal and a Zoom meeting registration confirmation with the link needed to join the meeting on 21 January 2023.
- If you don’t see both of these emails, look in your Spam or Junk email folders.
|COGS Member $10||Guest $25|
Want to pay the member price? Join the Clarke-Oconee Genealogical Society: https://cogsgenealogy.org/join
IMPORTANT: The last day to cancel and receive a refund is 16 January 2023 at 11:55 pm EST. All refunds are subject to a $5.00 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after 16 January 2023 at 11:55 pm EST will not receive a refund. Registration will be cancelled for non-members who purchase a member registration.
About our Speaker
The Legal Genealogist Judy G. Russell is a genealogist with a law degree who provides expert guidance through the murky territory where law and family history intersect. An internationally-known lecturer and award-winning writer, she holds credentials as a Certified Genealogist® and Certified Genealogical Lecturer℠ from the Board for Certification of Genealogists®. Read her blog at https://www.legalgenealogist.com.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear Judy Russell present!